Helping orphans, reaching the lost and needy

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

another update

Praise the Lord that things have calmed down around here. Last week we were pretty much stuck in the house all week. After a heavy military presence in town, things got quiet and we were able to go out to church on Sunday and get a bit of shopping (we were getting pretty low on food). There have been some rumors that there may be some more rioting this week but so far so good. The American embassy called the situation "a tensed calm" as there are soldiers everywhere with machine guns keeping the peace. But things are defiantly improving and it seems like the situation is under control. Thank you so much for all your prayers, we really appreciate it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thoughts & prayers for all of you! Checking out your blog frequently for these great updates!
I am sure by now you have received my emails and know that my trip to Africa is in jeopardy right now. Understandably so..Visitors are not the priority at this stage.
Keep safe and well. I feel a bit helpless but I know God IS your refuge!
You are in my prayers continually!
My love to You, Jacob, Joshua, Seth & Jude.
Love Grammie