Helping orphans, reaching the lost and needy

Thursday, August 28, 2008

London Outing


Trafalgar Square


The day before we left England, we had a day in London with my parents. We met up with some of our friends (Stano and Alic) from Slovakia who now live in England. I hadn't seen them since I left Slovakia 11 years ago. It was so amazing to see them! Stano was actually one of the first people to get saved when we were out there and used to lead the praise and worship in our church. He met Alic at one of

the meetings and my Dad
married them. They now have two lovely girls, Tatiana and Daniella. It was great to speak and hear a little Slovak again, it has been a long time! My mind wants to automatically speak French now so I had to really concentrate to get my Slovak to come out.

Anyway, we had a great day in England, no rain but a bit chilly.
Went to Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace where we saw a marching band of guards... had a delicious picnic in St. James park, boys got to feed the pigeons. Then we went onto the Natural history museum. I remember going there as a kid and just loving it. The boys, who are really into dinosaurs, loved seeing all the enormous bones. They also had a "Creepy Crawly" section where I must admit, critters looked mighty small compared to the ones in our back yard in Cameroon :).

It was a long day but so much fun, something the boys will remember for a long time.

No comments: