Helping orphans, reaching the lost and needy

Friday, November 25, 2011

So Much to be Thankful for!

Praise the Lord. Oh Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for his steadfast love endures forever! Psalm 106:1

It has been a lovely week; Tuesday was my Birthday and then of course, yesterday was Thanksgiving. On my birthday I slept in, had breakfast in bed, and was surprised with homemade cards and wonderful gifts from my boys. We had fun celebrating Thanksgiving yesterday too. It always makes me think back to my first Thanksgiving back in 1997. I had been in the US for a few months and I was invited to Thanksgiving dinner at some Staff’s house. That is where I had my first taste of a cheese log (and have been addicted ever since) and watched my first American football game. I really love Thanksgiving, it is probably the American thing that I have embraced the most (besides my husband :D). We had a get together at our house on Thursday with two other missionary families: our good friends the Dibbits, and another family that just moved to Cameroon, the Waites. Unfortunately the Waites were having some truck issues so Mark was running around trying to get it fixed and missed eating the meal with us but it was still a great time with good fellowship and way too much food! Then we had some more friends show up and had 12 kids running around the house and yard while us adults crammed pie into our already full stomaches. All in all a great day.

So I was just reflecting yesterday, I truly have so much to be thankful for, the Lord just continues to be so good to me. I notice that whenever I get stressed or disappointed, it’s when I’m focusing on myself and not the goodness of God. When I keep my eyes on Him, my heart is full of gratitude. So a few of the many things I am thankful for:

My wonderful Saviour, who loves me despite all me failures and selfishness. My Rock, my Refuge!

My amazing husband, who is truly my best friend and is always there for me (and makes me a cup of tea every morning!). He is the best dad to our kids and I love him so much.

Joshua, my dependable son, always loving, always wanting to please. My little peace maker. I love our time out in the garden together.

Seth, my little funny guy, always makes me laugh. Has such compassion for people and animals. I love when I play my guitar and he plays the djembe drum with me.

Jude, my little man, my little shadow. I love those quite times when we cuddle up and read books together all by ourselves.

My Jordan who brings such a joy to my life, I love all those hugs and kisses that she is so generous with and those cheeky little smiles

For all the dirt roads that have just been graded this last week in Bamenda. So much easier to travel around and easier on the truck

Our generator and water tower that keep us going through the frequent water and electric cuts.

Good friends, here and overseas, that encourage us and support the work that we do here.

Skype (and a reliable internet connection) so I can talk and see my precious family!

Thank you Lord!


All my goodies for my birthday

Thanksgiving Dinner

No comments: