Helping orphans, reaching the lost and needy

Monday, March 18, 2013

Handing out clothes at HHCH

Since the container came in, we have been sorting and boxing up all the clothes that we're donated for the orphanage. It has been quite the project, let me tell you! Last week I went through all the older girls closets at HHCH, took away things that were spoiled, passed garments down, and give out new clothes. It was a lot of fun, girls sure do love clothes! This afternoon I finally got a chance to sit down with the boys and go through their clothes. It was a different story with the boys, they weren't quite so willing to give up their old-stained-tight-clothes, but they were excited to get some new duds too. 



Godwill looking smart in his new church clothes

Nestor's muscle shirt. This was a big hit!

So what are we doing with all the stained, stretched out, old clothes you ask? Well, I am making my first rag rug with them! I youtubed it and am on my way to a beautiful rug. Once I have mastered it (or at least can make it look like something that resembles a rug) I plan on teaching the technique to the girls. It will be a good skill for them to know, it will give the orphanage some floor coverings, and who knows, maybe we could sell some to generate some extra income for the Children's Home. I'm thinking a rug made from scarps of African material would be pretty awesome!

Blessings and Aruna were also busy this afternoon, they got a fence up around the new tomato garden that has been put in the front. The guard dog, Samson, loves to lay in the cool soil so a fence was in order. Jake got them started and told them he would be back in an hour or two to help but by the time he returned they were all finished. 

Looking good!

Sweet Farawa!

Tahirih and Blessed

Godwill ready to work on the farm!

Jake literally being "petted"

No comments: