Helping orphans, reaching the lost and needy

Saturday, June 28, 2008

South Carolina Team

Been a busy week as we were helping out with the Bread For Life team that came up to Bamenda to renovate the BFL Guest House. It's the same team that came a couple years back (Earls Grove Baptist Church) who we went out to the East with to build the School. They're a great bunch and we had a ton of fun with them. They got to do a couple of VBS' and tiled and painted the Guest house, lots was accomplished.They also brought diapers and a bunch of baby clothes for Jude (and a lot of other goodies) which are a HUGE blessing, it's been so hard to find small baby clothes here, I was asking my friend about it and she said that they think it's a waste of money to buy small clothes as the babies grow out of them so fast, so they prefer to buy big ones, and just roll up the sleeves/legs till they grow into them :D

Anyway the team left this morning, so now it is back to unpacking and painting at our house, fun, fun, fun...


The photo is of a nearby waterfall the team visited
(I told you Bamenda is beautiful!)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are home now but I'm missing Cameroon :( but super excited to see you all when you stop through in Sep. Oh, I also wanted to ask you if there is any way possible to get 2 recipes from you ... how to make those tortillas and the sour cream we had on fajita night? I really want to try makin' them for the family. If you could e-mail them that would be awesome. Thanks and miss ya lots!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! If you send the recipes to Megan, can you send them to me too? Looking foward to seeing you all in September - miss you all already!!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys...I just wanted to say hello! Hope things are going great in Cameroon. Oh and by the way the Wimbledon Gentlemen's Finals was AWESOME!!! Can't wait to see you in September!

Julie Willis said...

I just read about the rat! I'm alot like Jake. I used to dream we had racoons living in the corner of our bedroom. Yeah, Russell loved me waking up screaming! Did he actually get bit?
I have a car seat for Jude when you get here. It goes up to 40lbs and starts at 9lbs. Will that work? Let me know if you need anything. Julie

Anonymous said...

That was an awesome picture! Beautiful was an understatement!

Love and Prayers

Grammie

PS) Your girlfriends are right! Your sourcream and tortillas are delicious!