Helping orphans, reaching the lost and needy

Thursday, September 10, 2009

I have internet!


The net is back up, (at least for now), it has been very frustrating to say the least, I seriously have not spent more than 20 mins on the web in the last month, ahhhhhhhh! 

OK, now that I have got that out of the way.... Things are going great here, our precious children at the Home started school this week, a first for most of them. They are loving it and doing very well. We did have a problem yesterday, I got a call from Jake saying that something had happened to Godwill (one of our new kids) and he was bleeding badly. So I ran up to the school (literally) as fast as I could and they had already taken him to the hospital. So I called Jake back (who was in town) to go to the hospital and see how he was. Poor little Godwill (who is about 5, not sure of his exact age) had gotten caught on a barb wire fence and torn his little ball sac (for lack of a better word) and had to have stitches. Praise God it wasn't too serious and he was home within an hour. He spent the afternoon in bed but was running around with all the other kids today, praise God! Still it was a few anxious minutes when we were trying to find out where he was and what had happened to him.



So since I was talking about Godwill I will put his profile up here first, he is a very sweet little boy. He doesn't speak a word of English and no one else speaks his language (a girl came with him who they told us was his sister but they don't understand each other either so we have our doubts, we are still trying to find out for sure). But he always have a great big smile on his face and you can tell that he is just amazed at everything he sees (he's never been out of the village before). In Bible class when we are all singing and doing actions he just stares at all the kids with an amazed look on his face, so cute! Please continue to pray that he will heal quickly and get back to school next week. 

So I will be getting more profiles up of the new kids, I will try tonight, need to get dinner for everyone right now. 

No comments: