Helping orphans, reaching the lost and needy

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Church and the New Year so far

Church went really well today, we had over 50 people, the most so far. It's great to see the new church plant growing and becoming a family. Jake preached last week and 2 people got saved, praise the Lord. This week he taught in the evening service, Josh always goes with him (too late for the little ones so I stay home). It was really cool, Josh told me everything he learnt and even the scripture verse the lesson was from. He is really growing up. Josh is doing a personal devotion every morning too, he sure knows his bible! We're so proud of him. Next weekend we have a church outreach, Jake will be speaking on Friday night, please keep it in your prayers.

Church this morning 


 Some little girls at church

We just completed week 18 of school on Friday, that means we are exactly half way! So far, so good, we are all having a lot of fun and learning lots. Next week we start on a book about the World Wars, really looking forward to that one. Jude has just started playing some educational games on the computer, so that should help keep him a bit more occupied in the mornings.

It hasn't rained here for over 2 months now, everything is parched and dusty. I cannot keep my floor clean! My flower garden is looking kind of sad, I need a sprinkler system, my hose just isn't cutting it. We usually get some light rains at Christmas but not this past year. I am so ready for the raining season to come! It is super cold here in the mornings though, about 55 degrees. I would have my heating on in the States! We just bundle up and enjoy it, once the rains come it won't be so cool. 


Jordan doing her eagle impression. She says "ahhhhg" and flaps her arms, too cute!

No comments: