Helping orphans, reaching the lost and needy

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Visiting the dentist

I spent Friday morning at the dentist with 5 kids from HHCH plus Ma (and Jordan of course). Someone has paid for all the kids to go and get a cleaning and any other work that needs to be done, PTL! It was a first time for all the kids to go (besides Godwill, who had the cancer in his cheek). Sara had already taken 11 children last week. Hardly any of the kids owned a toothbrush before coming to the home, amazingly their teeth are pretty good (they've never had a lot of sugar). They have all been very brave and Sandrine was the only one that didn't want to open her mouth. Tim is taking the last batch tomorrow.


I have been running three times a week. It is going great and I am really enjoying it. It's nice to have a little alone time and give my lungs a work out. My stamina is a lot better already. I've also lost 7 lbs this month, 9 more and I will be back to my pre Jordan weight (yay!). When I go out early in the morning there is a lot of people out running, walking,  and exercising. I love seeing the Cameroonian women in the shell suits and trainers with their african head wrappers on, awesome! I have decided that I am more like I horse than I would like to admit. If you've ever seen the movie, Sea Biscuit, he would only run fast if there was a horse for him to compete with. When someone is ahead of me I push myself a lot harder to catch up... nothing like a bit of healthy competition!


Next month we have an intern from Florida coming to stay with us. She'll be here for 2 months, we are really looking forward to it. Delanee will be working with the three little ones at HHCH in the morning and then helping out with Kids Club, library, tutoring, etc. in the afternoons. We praise the Lord for an extra pair of hands, we can sure use them! Some days I seriously wish there was more hours in a day.

1 comment:

Diana Dickert said...

All of you are so kind-hearted to stay in Africa to care for the orphans. These kids must be very thankful that you are there to help them. I would be if I were in their position. :-) I've seen your recent photos, and you all seem to be enjoying living a simple life there.