Helping orphans, reaching the lost and needy

Monday, May 9, 2011

This weeks goings on...

Happy Mother's day to all the mothers out there! The electric was off all day so I didn't think I would get to speak to my mum. Finally came back on a few hours ago so I could skype her. Nothing like having kids to appreciate your mum! Jake and the boys made me breakfast (breakfast burritos, yum!) and they boys made me cards and gave me M&Ms, what else could a mum want?

Staying pretty busy these last couple of weeks; homeschooling, kid's club, sunday school, church meetings, hanging out with the kids at HHCH, etc. But just four more weeks of home schooling and then onto summer school. I'm looking forward to it! We are also planning a week at the beach late June, REALLY looking forward to that!!

We now have 37 bunnies and 10 full grown rabbits at HHCH, what can I say, they're breeding like rabbits! We also now have 50 three week old chicks. The children's home farm is doing great; corn, soya beans, black beans, and groundnut are all sprouting up. It is exciting to see all these things taking off.


Some of our rabbits


The new chickens

The boys got hair cuts on Saturday, their hair was getting super long. Seth still didn't want to cut his hair but he was having trouble combing it!

Jude's first time at the barber



This a pig we slaughtered last week to make sausage. She was really sweet though and Brindie our dog really liked her. 

Mother's Day today, we went out for lunch after church. A super nice day!

Our little clan!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Holly you are one of the coolest moms I know and so glad to hear you had a wonderful mother's day! So awesome to know the farm/garden are really taking off too, congrats! Miss you guys :)

lizzydee said...

Awsome! Im still not sure if i could kill a pig but i geuss id get used to it after a few times!

Love you all!
Sarah

Schilinski Clan said...

thanks Megan, we miss you too!!

Well Sarah, when you head out this way we'll have to slaughter a pig. Once you taste the sausage, it is soooo worth it! Miss you too!

Sam said...

I bet brindie liked her more as sausage!