Helping orphans, reaching the lost and needy

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Finishing School

We finished school last week, phew! There was a few days when I wasn't sure I would get through it with my sanity still intact but we did! It was definitely more of a challenge trying to keep Jordan and Jude entertained while doing 4th and 2nd grade with Josh and Seth. I remember one morning when I was doing spelling with Josh trying to concentrate, Jude was asking me to look at a picture he had drawn, Seth was asking me to help him with a Math problem, the doorbell rang, and I looked around and Jordan was standing on top of Seth's desk clapping her hands (she is out little spiderman!). I was about ready to do my Shrek roar! Thankfully, most days went a little smoother. Jordan has a good hour or two nap every morning which allowed me to get all my reading in. I'm believing that next year will be easier. I'll continue to do a little spelling with Josh thought the summer but I am looking forward to a few weeks break (at the end of the month we head to the beach for a week!). It has been nice not to be quite so rushed in the morning and making breakfast a little bit later. I have been organizing, cleaning, and gardening already.

The kids at HHCH are all finished with school too. They had an end of school and graduation ceremony last week. It lasted a total of 6 hours! Blessing and Aruna graduated primary school and will be going to secondary school in September (equivalent of middle school). Marvelous and Godwill graduated nursery and will be going into class 1 next year. We are looking at a new school for the children next year, we have not been completely happy with the school they have been in the last two years. Some of the kids are still not up to where they should be and the teachers aren't too concern about it. They have also been asking extra money for evening classes so the kids can pass their exams... very frustrating, surely they should be teaching that stuff IN school. Also the children have only gone about a 10th of the way through their consumable books, books the school insisted the children have, but then they hardly used them. So there is another private school that is close by, it is more expensive but we have asked for a reduction, we are waiting to hear from them, please keep it in your prayers. Blessing and Aruna will be heading to Government school as they enter secondary schools. This will take some adjusting for them as most classes have 100+ children but we are believe they will do well. July we will start summer school with all the kids (going to finish off those consumables!).
Our beautiful kids!



Blessing and Aruna, our two graduates

Marvelous graduating nursery (I couldn't get him to smile, but he had been there 6 hours, so I don't blame him!)

Godwill (placed first in his class!)


They whole crew

No comments: