Helping orphans, reaching the lost and needy

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Say Cheese!

We got Jude's passport picture taken yesterday.... this was like the 30th one they took. It's extremely hard to get a 2 month old to look straight at the camera, holding his head up so both ears are showing. But with a very patient photographer we finally got, good job he had a digital camera!

Then we went and handed all the paperwork in at the US embassy, I'd heard from a friend that it's a complicated process but it was actually super easy and quick sitting in the coldest air conditioned office I've been in for a long time, so nice! They also had a diaper changing table in the bathroom, a diaper changing table!! I almost bowed down and worshiped it (just kidding!). Usually when we're out I change his diaper in our truck, which isn't easy as our truck has a very "slop-y" backseat. So even though he wasn't really wet I changed his diaper at the embassy anyway. Amazing how the things I used to take for granted mean so much now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Holly! Too funny! Your really big day with cold a/c AND a real changing table.

Actually - now that I have been to Africa - I totally understand!

Still made me chuckle. :)))

Love & Blessings to all of you,
Grammie
Hey Jude - U look so handsome!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Holly, I know the feeling. We just got Emilys passport pictures 2 weeks ago when she was a week old. It took us half an hour to wake her up enough to take a picture! I think we must have taken about 30 pictures too!
- Naomi