Helping orphans, reaching the lost and needy

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Amazing Grace

Borrowed a great movie from a missionary friend, Amazing Grace. It was about William Wilberforce and all that he did to abolish slavery in the British Empire, I absolutely loved it! So well done and very powerful. You should try to see it if you haven't already. I've read his biography before and he really was a mighty man of God. Also loved all the beautiful countryside of England in the film, made me a little homesick. On special features it had Chris Tomlin's (one of my favourites) music video singing Amazing Grace. He wrote a bridge to it, I've had the words going in my head all this week, they're just soooooooo good:
My chains are gone, I've been set free.
My God, my Saviour, has ransom me.
And like a flood, His mercies reign,
Unending love, Amazing Grace
 
 
 
 




Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hol
Amazing Grace 'how sweet the sound'... I have yet to see the movie but I will look it up at the library this weekend.
I will have some quiet time - alone for a few days and that would be a great break from the unpacking and settling in.
Perfect timing for that idea!Thanx!
Love & prayers to all, Grammie