Helping orphans, reaching the lost and needy

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Dance night

If you told me when I came to Cameroon that I would one day learn to line dance here, I would have thought you daft, but that's exactly what I did last week. There is a missionary girl who is in town for a couple of months that is really into dance. She decided to put on a Family Dance Evening with the help of some friends. Missionaries from all over came plus lots of Cameroonians. We started with swing, later on we lined danced, next a Scottish lass taught us some Ceilidh dances (my favourite), and then we even did some waltzing. The boys really enjoyed themselves too and were all hot and sweaty by the end of the night. One of my favourite things of the night was to watch a Cameroonian married couple do the Scottish dancing. PDA is not a norm here between couples, in fact I can say I have never seen a couple even holding hands in public. But it was so sweet to see them twirling around together, laughing, and having a good time. 

Breanna and I doing the Swing (couldn't get Jake to do this one)


Some Scottish dancing


Dosey Doeing with Josh

1 comment:

Julie Willis said...

Hey Holly,

Looks like so much fun! I've been meaning to email you about a project the girls are doing for their co-op. It's called Flat Stanley. If you google it you'll see what I'm talking about. Anyway it says to email Stanley to another country. We thought of you guys. Could you help us out? You would need to print out Stanley have the kids decorate him and take a couple of pics that show of your country with him in it?

We need them back by the begining of Dec. for our Christmas around the World party. Let me know and I send you the link. You can send me everything back via email and I'll print them out on my end.

Let me know.
Julie