Helping orphans, reaching the lost and needy

Monday, April 21, 2008

Catching up

Ok, I've really been slacking in my blog, lots has been going on these past few weeks. Jake's mum came out to visit us 2 weeks ago. When we were living in Iowa and Josh was born, she took the Greyhound bus from Florida to visit us as she didn't want to fly. So this was a HUGE thing for her to fly all the way here, having a day's layover in Paris (if any one has been to Charles De Gualle airport before, you'll know how confusing it can be). She'd never really been out of the States before so it was a completely new experience for her. Kathy did really awesome and it was such a blessing to have her here for a week (that just whizzed by). With Josh and Seth my mum and other family members came to stay for a bit to help out with the baby and cook. I really missed that when Jude was born. So it was great to have Kathy here to spoil me and cook and look after Jude, it was a great time. Of course the boys loved having Grammie around and each of them got to have a "sleep-over" in Grammie's room where they stayed up late reading stories, eating snacks and just having a fun time.
It was great to kinda relive our first experiences of Cameroon again through Kathy and her questions. They culture was so new and different to her. We went for a walk around the back of our neighbourhood one night. We went past a small wooden house (shack) that was housing a family with a bunch of kids. Kathy said it was incredible that people could live like that... we walk that way all the time and I hardly even noticed it before, I guess I can get hardened to the needs and problems around me, so it helped me to open my eyes again to what is going on around me.
I think Jake added some pictures of our time together to our site so check them out. Love you Kathy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just catching up on my reading! I enjoy your blog sooo much Hol!
There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think back on my time spent in Africa with my family! Most days I find myself reliving those days through the pictures we took!You are so right! Nothing is to be taken for granted! It was an eye-opener for me and the Holy Spirit opened my heart as never before!
God Bless & I Love you too, Hol.
XO Grammie

Anonymous said...

Finally catching up on my readings. I love reading your blog Holly.
There is not a day that goes by that I do not think of my visit in Africa with my family. Somedays I even relive the times through the pictures we took! You are so right. Nothing is to be taken for granted! Really opened my eyes and the Holy Spirit opened my heart as never before! We are so blessed. I love you too, Hol. XO Grammie