Helping orphans, reaching the lost and needy

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 4th

 Been wanting to blog forever but seems every time I've sit down to write, Jordan wakes up or I remember I need to hang a load of laundry on the line or something :-). It's been a busy but great few weeks (Jordan is four weeks today). She is soooooo sweet and changing everyday. She is more of a baby than a newborn now. We've had a team here, been out to the village, lots going on at the Children's Home.... but I'll blog about all of this when I get the chance. 

We had a great July 4th (also Jake's 31st birthday), we had a bunch of friends over (missionaries and Cameroonians), 24 in all! Praise the Lord the weather was great with only a sprinkling of rain. Jake grilled, everyone brought great food; it was a feast with wonderful fellowship. 

The trampoline got a good use and Jake got a game of American football going, a first for the Cameroonians. We had some Fulani girls over too, that's a muslim tribe here (they don't look Cameroonian, more north African), and they even joined in the game, they were a lot of fun! We said goodbye to our last guest about 7pm; it was a great day!


Seth took photos before anyone arrived and then we completely forgot to take anymore till the end when they were playing football.
Jake grilling (our BBQ is an old water heater cut in half)

Kebabs, yum! We had burgers too.


Jude cleaning up the grass before everyone arrived :-)

Seth told me to make crazy face!

Football game


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holly.... I just loved these pictures of Jacob's birth-day. I knew there was a really good reason I was unable to connect on Skype that day. :)
The Kabob's looked really enticing! Yum! They really did! How many of them did you have to cook up for 20+ guests? I can't imagine anyone NOT wanting a piece of one..
So happy for you Son that you had such a nice day! Happy 31st!
I love you,
Mother

Fabulous job Holly and just being 4 weeks post-natal..

Anonymous said...

i am so so so happy to know that some one could be so selfless in Cameroon like this.I am also managing Holly orphans of Cameroon.I need to get in touch with you.how is this possible.anyways call me +237 76 28 91 49 or email at philanthropistmediahouse@yahoo.com
thanks. Daniel