Helping orphans, reaching the lost and needy

Sunday, August 22, 2010

First Church Service

Phew, it's been a crazy couple of weeks! So much to blog about, just need the time to do it! We had a great home school session with other missionary families and we start regular home schooling tomorrow morning! Yay, can't wait! My first read-aloud with Josh is William Wilberfore's biography, looking forward to that. Anyway, hopefully this week I'll be able to catch up on my blog all that has been going on (all good stuff!).


We had our first service this evening for Calvary Chapel Bamenda (a Full Gospel Church). It was kinda of a trial run before the big kickoff next weekend. Friday and Saturday we'll be holding outreach meetings in a hotel and then Sunday morning will be the official opening of the church, very exciting. Yesterday I was asked if I could lead praise and worship and was told that the pastor's wife would be there to sing with me, so I said no problem. When I got to church I found out it would just be me! Oh well, I think it went pretty well anyway, it always amazes me how the Lord opens up doors for me to sing and play guitar even though it is something I'm not great at. I guess He is continuing to stretch me and take me out of my comfort zone. I'll be helping out with the worship group for a while but my main focus at the church will be developing and training a strong Children's leadership team. Jake is in the church leadership, he led the service today and did a great job. Please keep this all in your prayers, we love seeing a church come together from the very start though of course it's not always easy. Praise the Lord there is a solid, dedicated leadership in place already!  


Leading worship (our close missionary friends, the Dibbits, are in the front row)

Josh was our little picture taker, I think he must have taken at least 50!

Jake leading the service. The church is starting out in a house and we're believing we'll expand in the next few months. 

3 comments:

Julie Willis said...

That's terrific! Praise the Lord for the stretching and a place to come together and worship Him.



































































































































































































































































































and a place to come toetherand praise Him!

Sam B said...

Where did you get a baby Taylor?!?

Anonymous said...

It is truly a blessing! I think Jacob is being stretched as well. I remember when he wasn't so comfortable about ministering to a group!

Look at both of you now!

God certainly knows where we are best suited even if we don't see it at first!

Blessings for the initial opening!

Love & prayers, Mother