Helping orphans, reaching the lost and needy

Monday, June 4, 2007

3 YEARS!!!

Wow, I just realized we passed our three year mark being here.... I think we came here on the 28th or 29th of May, 2004 (I should keep better records :). Time sure has flown by, it is hard to believe how quickly it has gone. God has provided for our every need since we took the step if faith of selling our house, leaving Jake's stable income, and coming out here, it truly is amazing! What an awesome Saviour we serve! We feel this is where God wants us to be so we have no plans of heading home for now.

I also just finished by first year of home schooling Josh on Friday (wooohooo, clap for me!). I was pretty nervous when I started but I think it went really well, if I do say so myself. Josh is reading well, and enjoys school which is a plus :). I was so blessed to have some other missionary-home-schooling-mums around to help and encourage. The Lord knew exactly what I needed!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Hey, just wanted to say congrats on the new vehicle ... it is a nice one :) I hope it carries the Schilinski Clan well for years to come!!

Megan said...

PS: If anyone ever wants to send you all anything, is it best done through coming teams? If so would it be possible for you to update me on future ones? Thanks. Miss you all tons!

4 Sweet Sisters said...

Okay, I'm having way tooo much trouble getting this password stuff to work!!!! I have a xanga site which is so much easier for a none techy like me!
I sent a package off to your Dad today. it should be there by Friday. Monday at the latest. Ruthie made the boys alot of pictures. She is so fascinated with your whole community. My mom and Dad were over on the weekend and she walked my mom through the pics on the family site and explained everything to her.
So are you glad for a break from school? I am, but we are going to keep a couple of things going so they don't forget. How do you like your curriculm? It took me a couple of years to find what worked for us. There are so many choices here. Almost to many!Convention was great. We went to alot of classes that were wonderful. They really revitalize me and keep me going. We are really trying to streamline line what everyone is involved in and really feeling called to go back to family basics! It is so easy to get side tracked from what you know you're "supposed" to be doing. The girls are involved in a wonderful christian ballet company, but it has taken so much of our time. We are taking a break this summer and making sure we know to get the improtant things accomplished before we can add extras back in. Also, ballet has always been during the dinner hour. So we haven't gotten the family meals like we used to and like to have. So even though something is truly good, it may not be the right thing for us. That's been a little hard for Sarah. She has been called to dance ministry, but she really needs a break and time to get her priorities back into focus.
We are also starting to talk about dating verses and biblical style courtship. So that has been new and exciting!
Well that's it for today. I need to get my house in order!Love to you all.