Helping orphans, reaching the lost and needy

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Just heard that Anna's parents came for her and her brother at the orphanage. It is great news but I'm kinda sad I didn't get to say goodbye. I'm not sure if she has gone back to the village or a town about 2 hours away as the details were a little sketchy, I will find out for sure next time I go see the other kids. Hopefully I can go and visit her sometime.

Some other encouraging news: The church that we work with, Yaounde International Chapel, has the vision to reach leaders of the country. We helped start it 2 years ago (Jake is youth leader and I'm children's director) and it's been going very well since then with about 300 people coming. When the church began we wrote letters and visit different leaders and invited them to the church. Anyway, the pastor told us the other day that the Secretary General of Cameroon had texted him saying that he had come to the church and wanted to meet with the Pastors. No one had recognized him when he came but it is great that he seems interested. So please keep him in your prayers. Most officials and leaders of Cameroon only go to very traditional churches, if at all, so it encouraging that we're seeing a breakthrough in that area.

No comments: