Helping orphans, reaching the lost and needy

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Camping

We slept outside in our yard last night in our new tent (we bought it off some other missionaries). This was all in preparation for the team that's coming this summer. They'll be building a clinic out in the East and we'll all be sleeping out there in tents. We thought we'd better check the tent out and the boys have been longing to sleep in it. It's such a nice tent, for some reason I am soooo thrilled we have one of our very own (I've never had a tent before:).

The team that is coming is a Team Missions team, Jake and I went on a lot of these teams when we were teenagers. When I laid in the tent last night, smelling the bug spray and that nylony-tenty smell, I got that TMI feeling. For those of you who haven't been on a TMI team you have no idea what I'm writing about, but for those who have, you know exactly what I mean. Anyway, all went well until just after 4 in the morning, we were woke up by our rooster cock-a-doo-dal-dooling. It's not usually loud when we're in the house but it was extremly loud outside, I think he was right outside out tent too:). Anyway, I'm a bit tired this morning…. at least our rooster won't be out in the East with us. I'm really looking forward to the summer, it's going to be a great time. The team arrives on July 9th and we head to the East super early on the 11th. We'll be back around August 6th.


4 comments:

Ben and Stacy said...

holly, it's so good to keep up with you all, i had been wondering when the team was going to arrive... we will be praying for you all this summer, that you fit well into your new role as "hosting missionaries"! i immagine that you won't be able to post while you are out there but i will look forward to hearing how it went when you get back.

ben and i recently watched the end of the spear with a friend and i was in tears by the end of it... reminds me again of how we all have things to be doing for that Lord no matter where we are... even if we wish we were overseas :)

well. you all take care and know that you are in our prayers as always!! ben and stacy kangar

Anonymous said...

Hey Stacy, good to hear from u! If you read this please send me ur email address, thx, Holly <><

Anonymous said...

Holly, I stayed with friends awhile back that had a hen-house a distance away & that Rooster woke me at day light! And I do believe he took great pride in his appointed duties as the head of the hen-house :)
Must have really startled ya'll being right outside of your new nest!!
Hey great tent! Loved the picture of Jake & my grands. I LOVE this site. Thank you for keeping it up! Prayers coming your way for your up & coming hosting duties.
Love U!! Mum-in-law aka Grammie :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love the site. I know what you all are about to endure for a month and my prayers are with you. I pray that all things go well with the trip. Love and Prayers,
Lori