Helping orphans, reaching the lost and needy

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Bibles School



Faith Bible College kicked off it's second year this week. We have three new students signed up, but we would like to see at least triple that. Registration lasts for another week so we hoping to see more coming in. I am teaching on Thursday nights an elective class; Children's Ministry. I have the second time slot but this first week the other teacher wasn't able to make it so I had the whole three hours. It was a bit daunting just because I didn't know how much material to have ready for that long. Thankfully I did last the 3 hours and had a great time (I think everyone else did too). The students had some interesting questions that showed they were really paying attention. So I get next week off and then have a normal hour and half class after that. 


Another quick testimony. I was chatting with our pastor's wife, Marthe, who was telling me about her brother who has been coming to church the last few weeks. He is a musician that lives in Nigeria and she hadn't seen him since she was a teenager until he recently showed up. Two weeks ago Jake preached and gave an appeal. A few people raised their hands and Marthe's brother was one of them. Marthe was telling me that he has really taken it seriously and she can see a change in him. He even fasted for three days last week. He just headed back to Nigeria where he is living with his girlfriend. He is going to be sharing with her about his new faith and is praying that she will become a believer too. Please keep Domonique in your prayers that he will stand strong as he heads back home and that his girlfriend will become and Christian and that they can get married. 


Ok, now to watch the US open!

No comments: