Helping orphans, reaching the lost and needy

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Home Schooling

I am just about done with home schooling for this school year. Seth's been finished for a week now and Josh just has one Math lesson left, woohooo! I do love home schooling but it will be nice to have a couple months break. I'm just happy I got it all done before the baby arrived. Last school year we started out in the States; is hard to do school when your on the road. So we didn't really get going till December, I was always trying to catch up which can get stressful at times. I also had a K and 2nd graders. This year was a breeze compared to that. I was always ahead and because Josh is in 3rd grade he is a lot more independent. This month I ordered all my curriculum for next year... can't wait to get it. Can't believe I'll have a fourth grader! 


One thing I'm really looking forward too with my summer break (besides bonding with my new baby :), is having a chance to cook better breakfasts. Right now our mornings are pretty hectic. We get up a 5:45, Jake goes for a run with Josh at 6am (I used to run too but haven't since being pregnent... about another month though!). While they are out, I put a pot of tea on (of course!) and check emails. They get back at 6:30 and Jake and I do devos till 7. Then I get breakfast going (with another cup of tea), try to have anything on the table by 7:30, eat together, clear up and be in the school room at 8. So needless to say we eat a lot of omelettes, oatmeal, bagels, yogurt and granola (it's home made though and delicious!). Saturdays Jake always take one of the boys out for breakfast for some father/son time so I don't make a big breakfast then, and Sundays are usually just as hectic trying to get everyone ready for church.... so I really never get a chance to cook a good breakfast. I'm looking forward to some pancakes, breakfast burritos, french toast, fry-ups, crepes, coffee cake, sausage and egg english muffins, breakfast casseroles.... Yum! I'm making myself hungry! Oh yeah, I'll also be trying to lose my baby weight this summer too! :-)


Been feeling great, had a few contractions at night this week so hoping that is a sign that the baby is coming soon!

2 comments:

Greg and Amy said...

So great to have homeschooling done! I know that was always an amazing feeling for me. With the kids in school this year I can't believe they won't be done until the end of June. We've never HS passed the beginnning of May. But that is OK. I am glad you are feeling good. I'm sure that baby will be here soon!

Andrea Pavkov said...

Hi Holly. I have a question for you. I am contemplating how to adjust the boys homeschooling schedule in order to fit in furlough next year. I have always followed the traditional "American" schedule taking July and August off until last year when I used most of August to make up for the month we moved etc. My question for you is in order to prepare for upcoming furloughs do you do extra school or not take as much vacation. My thinking is that I will not get as much done on furlough and that maybe if I can go through most of this summer and next then when we return in the Fall of 2011 we will be "ahead" and can relax from school more as we travel. Would love to know your opinion, thoughts, ideas, etc. Thanks.